1. What areas can be treated? It is best for those troublesome areas – stomach, back fat, love handles, buttocks, hips, inner and outer thighs, arms and cellulite. It is also effective for stretched skin and stretch marks as a result of pregnancy or weight loss, and sagging skin and wrinkles on the face and neckline.
2. Does it hurt? The procedures are painless and generally relaxing. There is a warming and prickly sensation. It is completely non-invasive – no incisions, needles, and “No” down time.
3. How long does a treatment session last? It varies depending upon the area being treated and the size of the person. If both Ultrasound and Radio Frequency (RF) technologies are being used, it would generally take approximately 1 hour. RF only (such as for the face) would take approximately 30 minutes.
4. How many treatments does it take? It is different for every person depending on how much they need to lose and what their desired result is. Generally speaking, the minimum is 4-6 treatments. We offer package deals – buy 5 and get the 6th free. Ask for details.
5. How often can I be treated? The recommended time between treatments is 5-7 days. This is to allow time for the body to eliminate the fat.
6. Can we do more than one area at a time? It is recommended to only do one area at a time so as not to overtax the body as it eliminates the fat.
7. When will I see results? Results may be noticed immediately. We take before and after measurements on the first visit. Many of our clients notice ½ – 1” reduction per measurement at the end of a treatment. Keep in mind that the body has not yet eliminated the fat and the treatment continues to work throughout the week.
8. How long do the results last? Nothing can stop the aging process – but once the fat is gone, it’s gone unless YOU gain the weight back.
9. Do I need to diet or exercise? The procedures will work without diet or exercise, but you can greatly “enhance your results” by improving your diet. Water is extremely important to aid the body in elimination – eight 8oz. glasses of water per day (12-16 glasses per day on the day of and the day after treatment). We recommend a minimum of 20 minutes of exercise daily. If you already exercise – keep it up! If you don’t exercise regularly, a brisk walk especially following the treatment will help the body eliminate and burn the fat that has been broken down and is ready to use as fuel for the body.
10. What should I wear to a treatment session? Loose clothing is best for easier access. It is not necessary to disrobe. If working on legs, we recommend women wear a swimsuit bottom under your pants and we will provide cover-up for you. For arms, wear a tank top or sleeveless shirt. For faces, hair should be pulled back and no face makeup (you can keep eye makeup on).
11. Who is a good candidate for this procedure? Men or women who have trouble spot areas which are difficult to resolve even after diet and exercise. It is not recommended for over-all weight-loss. If you have a significant amount of weight you need to use, we would recommend that you see Dr. Dan T. McKittrick at NewLife Weight Loss Center first. If there are still trouble spot areas, then the Ultrasound and RF may help you resolve that.
12. Who should not have Ultrasound and Radio Frequency done? The following conditions: diabetes, epilepsy, pregnancy/lactating, cancer, recent scarring or surgery, pre-malignant moles/tumors, electrical implants such as pacemaker/defibrillators, metal plates and pins in area treated, skin disorders such as psoriasis, eczema, keloids scarring, recent wounds, inflammation, sunburn. Some women find that their skin is more sensitive right before and during their menstrual cycle, so if you are a woman, you might want to take this effect on pain threshold into consideration when scheduling your treatment.
13. Are there any other recommendations for a better result? We recommend Vitamins A, C, and E (which aid the skin in collagen and elastin production and overall skin health). Our office also carries Nature’s KLB-5 (a specially formulated supplement to enhance your inch loss). Also, avoid carbonated drinks!